Jen's Online Journal - CLICK ON THE PHOTOS TO ENLARGE THEM

Monday, September 12, 2005

If it were not for this man, I would not be alive. I miss him. Dr David Swann passed suddenly in December of 2004, just 1 week after I visited him in Charleston. His suspicions about what I went to him for proved to be well founded when I was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer (that means end or last stage). Having a daughter my age, he was very easy to talk to about anything and was there as a comfort while I went through the preliminary biopsies and tests for cancer (my parents were somewhere in the panama canal during this time and unavailable). Dr Swann orchestrated every aspect of my care - it even turned out his wife was my operating room nurse! It is so sad we had to lose somebody so special so young.